Thursday, June 2, 2011

Holy Hail, Batman!

Adam, G-man, and I made the trek to St. Francis about a week ago. (I know, I'm late in posting about this, but that's just the way it is.) While we were there they had a massive hail storm. The size of the hail wasn't really the issue, though, it was how hard the hail was frozen. This hail was frozen so solid it was clear. Yikes! And there was a lot of it.


The hail drifted like crazy and with all the rain that was coming down with it, the basement window began to fill with water. Don't worry, my dad put on his trusty yellow rain suit and grabbed the shovel!


The next morning my dad had to stop in town for something and said there was still about eight inches drifted in places. Crazy! It wasn't even that cold, but like I said, this hail was frozen SOLID! 

Thankfully the hail didn't damage the house or break any car windows, but it did wipe out one of my dad's wheat fields. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment