I found a slipcover for the chair that, while it's kind of country, actually ties the green couch to the rest of the room. But what to do with the ottoman? I happened upon a yellow sheet that was the same color as a stripe in the chair's slipcover, so I decided to make a slipcover for the ottoman. Initially, it looked great, but as time went on it began to look pretty shabby. The sheet I used had really low thread count, so the fibers began to separate, especially at the seams, and the bottom began to fray. Plus, since it was covering an ottoman where people's feet are regularly propped, it became quite dingy and pilly even after being washed. When I dropped a slice of pizza sauce side down on the side, I knew it was time to find a replacement.
I didn't want to spend very much on fabric since this was more about getting rid of what was there than finding something perfect. I loved the yellow color of the last ottoman, but finding that color proved to be difficult, mainly because I wanted to spend as little as possible. I finally settled on off-white. And I used a sheet again because it's the easiest way to get one large piece of fabric.
A few hours later, I have a new cover for my ottoman. I still like yellow better, this doesn't match as well as I had hoped, but it's so nice to have something clean and fresh.