Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tennis Anyone?

I have quite a few pairs of earrings. They are usually all in a jumble in a small, leather box on my dresser. It's really annoying trying to find a pair that matches in the mess, so I decided to remedy the problem. My crafty radar is always up, so when someone mentioned that they had heard about using an old tennis racquet as an earring organizer, I was intrigued.

A few weeks ago, I visited an awesome thrift store in town for the first time and scored some sweet thrifts, one of them being an old tennis racquet. I bought some turquoise ribbon to dress up the handle, and to coordinate with the large, turquoise mirror I have on my dresser. Then I nailed it up on the wall and arranged my earrings. I really like how it turned out. I need to find something to hang next to it since it looks a little lonely all by itself, but it's serving it's purpose well (pun intended, ha ha) and looking crafty.



My other jewelry solution is a finger-tip towel stand on my dresser for hanging necklaces and bracelets. It's so handy because all my necklaces are visible and easy to find. Plus, nothing gets tangled.


And there you have it, my two nifty jewelry solutions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment