Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Away

Oh the blog. The long neglected blog. Neglected not for lack of love, but for lack of internet.

I spent the last week and a half with my family. Three days in glorious Colorado and a full week (and a day) in good ol' St. Francis, Kansas.

Where exactly is St. Francis, Kansas? Great question. It is as far north and west as you can go in Kansas without ending up in Colorado or Nebraska. Is there anything there? Another great question. Yes and no. My parents are there. A sweet thrift store is there. An awesome antique shop is there. And that's about it. Lots of wide open space, wild turkeys, pheasants, cows, and wind. Obviously there are a few more things in St. Francis, but those are the highlights.

But back to the long neglected blog and lack of internet. My parents still have dial-up. Well, had dial-up. The provider decided that it was time to force my parents, probably the last dial-up customers alive, into the 21st century by discontinuing the service. They were officially cut off last Tuesday. Therefore, no blog updates from the ranch, not that I would have tried to update anything using dial-up anyway.

It was kind of nice to be "unplugged" but it has resulted in much wasted time since I've been home. Darn you wifi! You keep me from my laundry!

I'll share a little about the fun we had later when I'm not trying to outrun G's nap, but for now, here are some pics.






No comments:

Post a Comment