Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh Dear

If today is any indication of what life will be like with G once the new baby comes, I don't think I'm ready. He has just been blatantly naughty this morning. I have a feeling he'll be jealous when I'm holding or feeding his sister and this is probably just a taste of the things we'll encounter during those times.

1. After declaring that it was "pretty" he tore the corner off one of my painting from Africa that was lying on the table.
2. While I was finishing an email about youth group tonight, I hear a strange scratching sound coming from the living room only to find that he has written on the wall with a pencil. Better than a sharpie, but still very frustrating.
3. I washed some grapes and, to his delight, handed him one. He ran to the living room, popped it in his mouth, chewed it up, and promptly spit it out on the carpet. Then he pointed to it so I could clean it up. Really?
4. He climbed onto the bench near the table where we keep our keys, found mine, looked at me as I said "no sir" and pushed the panic button. I'm sure that was fun for the neighbors.

It doesn't help that he got up 30 minutes early this morning and jabbered through his "nap." I've been a little annoyed with him from the start, I guess. Probably not the best way to start a morning with a toddler.

It's a good thing he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment