Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dreamland

I've mentioned my wild dreams before. They are vivid and bizarre. And a lot of the time I remember them.

Last night I met the Queen. Yep, the actual Queen. My old boss didn't want to bother with meeting her, so he sent someone else who got nervous and botched the meeting. Then apparently it was my turn. The strange part, as if meeting the Queen in my dreams was not strange enough, was that I was a teenager. I had all these important things to discuss with her and she actually listened. Then later, I got the chance to talk to her again and she called me delightful. Go figure.

There was some more about a tacky redecorating job in what I can only assume was where I worked, but I don't really remember that part. And suddenly I was in a room with some of my other high school friends. Fitting since I was still a teenager, and we were hanging out with the fifth grade version of ourselves. Yep, we were all there in double--one aged 17 or so and one aged 11.

How do you switch from the Queen to yourself as a middle schooler? And where does all this come from? I have no idea. In the last 24 hours I have had nothing cross my path that even remotely resembles the Queen or me and my friends as kids. But I woke up feeling rested when G started jabbering away at 6:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment